Saturday 20 July 2013

Introducing ER-Edition of SteveJ on NBN

My intention the year was to not focus on writing pieces about the National Broadband Network (NBN), but that's what happened.

First I split out the NBN articles from my usual I.T. blog (there are others,: http://stevej-on-it.blogspot.com/  into a single-topic blog: http://stevej-on-nbn.blogspot.com/.

Working with other people and getting their feedback has made me see that I'm trying to do two competing things:
  • write simple, accessible pieces for the general-public, which take time to craft, and
  • write detailed analyses of complex topics, especially where I am developing my views and understanding.
These are conflicting interests and can't be resolved.

So, "On NBN" will become two: the existing blog and this one, the ER-Edition.

Longer pieces will live here in their entirety with short pointers on the main/existing site.
I don't want folk to "TL;DR" on the main site.

Which means it will also be the only place I post short articles.

Feedback and suggestions always welcome!
Tell me how to do this better, and I'll give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment